Monday, September 29, 2014

Week 26 - My new area, Mogi das Cruzes

My new companion is a way funny dude. The branch [small congregation] has about 45 members.  The new area had zero people in the teaching pool when I arrived so I’ve been pretty busy trying to find people to teach. We set aside one entire day this week to do contacting and of coarse it ended up raining the entire day.



I actually don’t live in my area.  I live in Brás Cubas.  I walk an hour everyday to get to my area.  Everything is hilly.  Nothing is flat here.  I took some pictures. The area is pretty new so the mission hasn’t found a house yet. My companion and I are house hunting.



My friend from Monumento said my new area would be in the jungle but the reality is it’s not. There are mountains and trees but where the people live is just like a giant subdivision.


Yesterday at church I walked into the chapel and the second counselor came up to me and told me that they didn’t have anyone to speak.  He asked me to talk. I was nervous because I literally had no time to prepare but all went well. I spoke on missionary work.