Monday, May 26, 2014

Week 8 - Warning from an Apostle


This week we were suppose to have a conference with Russell M. Nelson [an apostle of the Lord], but he had a vision.   He was warned the day he was to come would have a lot of evil and wicked things occur.  So that day all the missionaries stayed in their homes.  The police in the state of Sao Paulo and 9 other Brazilian states didn't work.  


At 6:00 pm our mission president told us it was OK to go out and proselyte again, so we did.  When we stepped outside the house we instantly felt uncomfortable. Walking the sidewalks had different vibe then normal but we were protected and all is well. 

Our investigators are doing well and we had some really spiritual lessons this week.  We hope to have a baptism this week.  We will have two in the next two weeks.

Transfers are Wednesday and we find out tomorrow where everyone is going.  I hope I stay here because I feel I can help the people here enormously. I just haven't figured out how yet, but I know that I'm suppose to. 

My clothes are ehhhhh.  They are always wet.  I feel gross and nasty and smelly here 24/7.   There isn't a day that I have felt clean or comfortable in my clothes.  I miss American hygiene.  Of coarse the day I washed my clothes and hung them on the clothes line it rained for three days straight -- so yeah I'm wet but I'm not down or discouraged or anything!  I'm just really busy!