Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 50 - São José dos Campos, Brazil

I got transferred to São José dos Campos.  My companion is Elder Helemã.  He has been in this area for three transfers so this is his fourth. He is from the same group of missionaries that the rest of my companions have come from.  Teaching with him has been really good. We had an investigator come to church this week and she is excited to be baptized in two weeks!

We live right in front of a mall.

My companion had to buy lunch everyday the week before I came.  I hope this isn't normal.

Rainbow in last area.

There is a family here that is super cool.  We stayed at their house all day yesterday and they made us breakfast today. There was protesting throughout Brazil.  We stayed with the family the entire day but the protesting wasn’t anything bad. It was just a bunch of noise making really.

I don’t know the members in my new area well yet – and am just getting to know my companion.  So I haven’t had as much to talk about and am feeling a little lonely.  I’m really missing the branch and Elder Farias right now.



For p-day, the plan is to play soccer as a zone. But my mission brother is also here (Elder Faustino trained Elder Peterson and me.  They call your trainer your mission father, so Elder Peterson is my mission brother).  If he shows up we will probably talk.

I only have access to the Internet through a LAN café, so I’m back to paying to email.