Monday, September 28, 2015

Week 78 - Transferred to the mission home

I had a great day yesterday!   I baptized a wonderful lady!  She has a way cool conversion story.  I'll tell you about it when I get home.  She bore her testimony before her baptism about how all she ever wished for was her family to be united and happy.  Through the gospel this dream is becoming true.

Hey!  Transfers are tomorrow.  I'm being transferred.  I heard from one of the office missionaries and I'll be the new secretary!  That means I'll have AIR CONDITIONING during the Brazillian summer!!!  It also means I'll be with the mission president a whole bunch.  I'll get to eat lunch with him every week and I'll be living in the mission home.  My p-day will also move to Saturday.

There will be three secretaries when I get there but it will probably be just two after the following transfer.  Elder Williams who is the active executive secretary will train me for one transfer cycle.

A little friend
The downside is I won't be working in the field as much.  I probably won't have the opportunity to baptize or teach as often.  My companion and I will still have an area to work, but everyone says the secretaries are so busy they don't have as much time to proselyte.  I hear we won't have many lunches with members either.  

I'll probably have dinner with Marcio on Saturday.  That will be a lot of fun!  Also, I may be able to check my email daily.   I've heard some rumors about this, but will check with the mission president. I may still only be able to send emails on p-day.

Today, I'm going to say goodbye to several people.