Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 69 - Teaching!!!

My week really went well.  It was super busy!

The country side of my area.
Everyone works during the day.  At 7:00 pm everyone frees up so we have to plan well.  

A family brought their aunt to church last week and this week we started teaching her.   Her baptism is planned for August 9th.

Family Home Evening.
We are working with a great person.  We had an amazing Family Home Evening together.   We talked about faith.   Elder Ornelas had an American tea-bag and did that thing where you burn it and at the end it flies.   It was perfect.



We are teaching a mother and her daughter.  It is a blast teaching them.  The mother always talks about how she knows we are messengers from God because of the little acts we do.

This Sunday a member brought a friend.  He loved church and is super excited for us to teach him.  We talked about charity and doing things for others.  That same day a homeless person stopped Elder Ornelas and I.  He needed food.  We gave him some juice, crackers, and tuna.  We got him some shirts and sweaters because it’s been cold at night.  You always have a good feeling after you do something to make someone else’s day.  I sing in my head all the time while we are walking the hymn Neste Mundo.   I think in English it is called “Have I done any good in the world today?”


This week our zone had many baptisms.   My district had two baptisms.   Two days this week I traveled to do the baptismal interviews.

The elders in my district baptized a girl that looks just like my sister Tashkie (Dallen’s nickname for Natalia) but she has a darker complexion.

I finished the Book of Mormon this week for the third time which was super neat.   I already started again.   This time I’m focusing on how the gospel blesses families.   I think reading the Book of Mormon is becoming one of my hobbies.

The person we live with is this super old and super nice guy and he sings REALLY good!  This morning we were harmonizing hymns.   I played the guitar.  Elder Farias gave me his guitar, so I get to play around everyday a little bit!

Tomorrow we have interviews with President Silcox.

It is pretty cold this week which has been super nice!