Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 54 - Camera problems and the apartment.

My camera is having problems... The other day when I turned it on the camera said there was a lens problem.  I turned it off and the lens wouldn’t retract into the camera.  I think the camera may be broken. We had lunch on Friday with a member who just happens to be taking a photography class. He told me that I should plug the phone charger into the camera to see if the camera still has the problem or if it is the battery.

The camera worked fine when it’s hooked to the USB charger.  I’m hoping it is just a problem with the battery.  I don’t have another.  I’ll look around to see if I can find one.   If not, I probably won’t have pictures for a while.

Pictures of our apartment.  The washing machine.
The kitchen.  See Elder Helamã's tower of Coke bottles in the corner.
Study area.
Bathroom.
Bedroom
Today I wish the camera worked.  I’m going to Campos do Jordão.  It’s a town with Swiss architecture near São José dos Campos.  It’s the highest city in Brazil!  It’s also the coldest!  It’s part of our mission.  The area is closed right now [missionaries aren’t in the area].  I’ll beg President Andrew to let me open the area! I heard it even snows there some times!

Elder Helamã is letting me use his camera today so I may take some pictures, but the quality isn’t going to be like what my camera produces.

There is a member here that gives tours.  He said he is willing to take us anywhere we want to go if we will pay for the gas and the rental car. He wants to take us to the biggest waterfall in São Paulo and some other sick places! But it’s a matter of if we can get the money.  It would be fun to go someplace on our preparation-day.  The member said car rentals are 60 to 70 Reis and depending on where we go it would be about 70 Reis in gas.  Our plan is to bring another set of elders with us to make it cheaper. [1 US dollar ~ 3 Brazilian Ries].

The member started his own tourist company.  I know a ton of sick places to go that he's told me about.  He said that if you guys [Dallen’s parents] ended up coming to Brazil to pick me up he would take us around. He showed us pictures of this giant rock on top of a mountain that you can see Rio de Janeiro from.