Saturday, October 10, 2015

Week 80 - Adapting to new responsibilities

Working in the mission office is a bit different than what I have become familiar with.  First, I’m in a companionship of five.  Yep! That’s right.  There are five of us working together and I’ve been pretty busy.  Most of the day is spent working in the office.  After 6:00 pm we can go out if the work is done. We were able to go out a couple times this week and are teaching someone.

I shared one of my spiritual experiences with one of the elders. Later, he was telling his companion about it and a lady overheard.  She wanted to know more and was baptized!


Ironically, I’m not getting many emails now that I’m in the office.  I’m on the computer everyday and can read them, but for some reason, emails have decreased.

I’ve been surprised by the number of issues and problems that arise.  I spend a lot of time just trying to solve problems.  I had no idea how many people would call with issues.

This week I had people calling asking for records.  We enter new member information and transmit the data, but for some reason the wards (congregations) haven’t gotten the recent records.

I spent a lot of time helping missionaries move.  

I’m in charge of medical, visas, passports, and taking care of the mission presidents schedule.

I spent a good deal of time taking missionaries to the doctor everyday this week.  Twice, I was at the hospital at 3:00 am in the morning.  One missionary has heart problems.  He lost his medicine and needed medical attention.   We gave him a blessing.  He has been recovering at the mission president’s home and hopes to complete his mission.

Today is my p-day. We woke up at 5:00 am to take a missionary to the doctor.  We sat there for four hours.  Going to doctor's appointments can be tiring. Part of my medical responsibilities are to keep track of everyone’s doctor’s appointments.