Monday, May 11, 2015

Week 58 - Mother's day

This is Rogério and Manu.  I love this family!  They are always doing things for the missionaries.
Having fun making a selfie on the new camera.
[It was fun talking to Dallen on Mother’s Day.   He talked to our family twice.   Once after his church in a new member’s home, and later at an investigators home.   He split his time so his brother, Brady, could join in the conversation. The investigator’s family is very artistic.  The picture below shows cards the mother makes.  She also makes various birds and pretty things.  It was fun seeing some of the things she made.  – Dallen’s dad]

Beutiful card's our invetigator makes.
The second family we were at has a daughter.  She took us to her English class today.  At one point, I felt like I was in a band.  The girls went crazy because I was an American.  It was fun.

English class.
It was interesting talking to you at home and those around me.   Going between English and Portuguese is like a switch.  If I start talking in English it is fine.  But, when I try to switch super fast – going from English to Portuguese, I get super mixed up.

I think translating is a little easier because I know what language I’m listening and speaking before hand.   It’s the switching back and forth that gets weird.   It can be hard too because some words don’t exist in the other language.   Then I have to think longer to figure out the right words to say.

My companion comes from a great family that is very supportive.  He was happy to talk with them too.  He is very obedient.  He reads the mission rule book often.  He sings hymns when he hears worldly music in the streets.  He works hard to follow the rules of the land.  He wouldn’t consider crossing a street in the middle because the law says to cross at intersections.