Saturday, December 12, 2015

Week 89 - Christmas conferences and preparations.


If you haven't watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional, you've missed out!  (You can stream it by clicking the image below).



We are testing out the web cams and microphones to make sure all is ready for use at Christmas. [Missionaries are focused on teaching the gospel and giving service.  They spend most days focused on this.  Once a week they have a preparation day or p-day.   This is when they do shopping, launder their cloths, visit attractions in their area, etc.  As part of their p-day, they write letters and email. This is normally the only time during the week they communicate with friends and family.   Twice a year on Christmas and Mother's day they can call home.  Most Skype, Facetime, Google Hangout, etc, if they have the ability. This is what Dallen is preparing for]

We had two Christmas conferences this week.  Preparing for them hasn't given us much time to prepare for transfers and so now I have a ton of stuff to do. Transfers are Wednesday.

I just looked at the transfer board.  I won't be training so I’ll probably remain in the office for the rest of my mission.  I don’t know if I’ll be able to extend my mission because my visa will expire.

Time has flown. Time in the the office flies by even faster.

Climbing up the side of the church.